Have pain in lower abdomen after sneezing. What could be the cause?

I am a 38 yo female. I got my period today. I just sneezed and got a sharp pain in my lower abdomen (more like in the low pelvic region), in the middle but now hurts slightly to the right side. I have never had my appendix out. just worried as the pain was sharp when I sneezed. Now to think of it, it happened a while back too when I sneezed.
Im wondering how confidential this online service is also please, little worried putting down my health history online. thanks
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 55 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I have read it with diligence.

The sharp pain that you experienced while sneezing today is probably a pulled ligament in the pelvis or a little strain on the tubes. This I am saying since you got your period as well today.

I do not think it is appendix related. If it were this, you would have continued pain that would actually make you reach the ER at the earliest.

So, please relax; rest a while. Drink plenty of fluids. Take simple pain relief medicine like Acetaminophen (Panadol). Get well soon.

This online service is confidential and it opens only between the doctor and the user.

Take care!