Have pain in hip to groin. On prednisone, dilaudid and etorolac, but no relief. What is permanent cure?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Sudden extreme shooting constant pain in hip to groin to inner thigh presently on prednisone dilaudid muscle relaxant and etorolac. 4 visits to eroom, pcp with bed rest. Excruciating pain on walking. No lessening of pain. What is diagnosis and treatment. Had plain X-ray , can bend over w/o pain, but no relief w positioning changes.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Osteoarthritis or avascular necrosis of hip Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Without clinical examination it is difficult to diagnose the condition. Excruciating pain in hip could be due to osteoarthritis or avascular necrosis of hip. On plain xray, osteoarthritic changes in hip can be seen. There is feature to upload the reports and xrays, if you wish you can utilise that so that I can help you in better ways. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care