Have pain in groin and lower back, vomiting. Need to go to emergency room?

I am experiencing severe pain from the groin to the left lower mid back area. It became more intense after eating a piece of chocolate cake, eventually causing me to vomit. After vomiting, & while on my way to the hospital the pain subsided. I returned home with no pain, but approximately 30 minutes later I am having mild, tolerable pain in the left, lower, mid back area. Yesterday is when these symptoms begin, but I thought I had symptoms of pleurisy symptoms. I am male, 65 years old, athletic, and I've always had a good heart, low cholesterol & low blood pressure.

With the symptoms mentioned, do you see the need to go to the emergency room, or can I wait to see my doctor tomorrow morning? The waiting room of the emergency room was extremely full, and I was feeling good at the time that I was to check in, so decided to go home instead of waiting to be seen this evening.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

The pain you have mentioned is suggestive of a ureteric colic pain.
Ureteric colic pain can sometimes be very severe.
For the time being you take tylenol for pain relief.
You can see your doctor tomorrow morning.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini