Have pain in forearms when lifting weight. Stopped gym. Advised to take rest. Remedy?

Hi, I have pain in my forearms in my right hand. I used to the gym regularly but since the past one year i have stopped gng to due to the pain. i have also consulted couple of doctors who had advised me rest and said it would be ok. they said i dnt have tennis / golf elbow problem. The pain starts when i started lifting weights otherwise it is normal. Please advise.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Looking into what you have given in history i think it is due to some muscle injury that you sustained during weight lifting . You havent mentioned what is the character of your pain , is it dull or it is accompanied with burning or pins and needles sensation , does it radiate anywhere or has there been any swelling anytime during this period

You said that it only occurs while you lift weight that is during a particular movement so there exists a possibiliy of tenosynovitis or tendinitis but it is very difficult to say anything just based on symptoms .

I advise you to go to an orthopaedician , get an X XXXXXXX hand done to look out for the cause whether it is bony or some muscular problems.

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti