Have pain in eye. Its red and itchy, no change in vision. Should I be concerned?

I have a pain in my eye. It started about 5 hours ago and it is getting worse. My eye isn't red or itchy and I haven't noticed a change in my vision. I feel the pain when I move my eye and when I blink. It is worst when I blink. It isn't horrible pain by any means, but it came out of nowhere and it is getting worse so I am just wondering if I should be concerned. Thanks
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ajay Shankar Kar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Hi, I believe from your history, signs and symptoms you are suffering from early conjunctivitis. There may be redness, chemosis , itching and discharge. Your signs and symptoms may flare up in one or two days.

Do not panic. Start on antibiotic drops four times a day along with some tear substitute. You could get it prescribed by your tissue paper. Use separate towels, soaps and handkerchief.If your signs and symptoms are not subsiding in 5 days visit your nearest ophthalmologist.