Have pain in chest. Reports normal. Fear of heart attack. Cause for pain in chest?

Infertility Specialist
I have this mile pain in the chest for over a year now.. Its on and off .. I have got all the tests done.. And all my reports are NORMAL.. But I have this fear of having heart attack.. I feel that there might me something wrong with my heart and it would stop working ..I have consulted a cardiology in this forum as well and he is also of the same opinion that there is no problem with my heart as the reports suggest. Is it my mind witch is creating the pain in my chest for me to believe that I might have a heart attack?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX you are 27 year young boy. You are unlikely to have heart attack. I suggest you stop worrying about it. You might have seen someone die if heart attack which has made you worried. If necessary take antacid medicines available over the counter to reduce gastritis associated with your stress. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Have pain in chest. Reports normal. Fear of heart attack. Cause for pain in chest? 17 minutes later
Yes as you have suggested I do have gastric issues as well but its been there for over a year now and they never seem to go.. I am taking medicines for gastric.. I time and again realise that the pain might be due to the gastric but the symptoms are so much like that of a heart attack that I loose my calm when they come.. I have observed that these symptoms are exactly the the once I read on-line about the heart diseases.. And these symptoms I easily relate to Heart attack. I have been told by many not to worry about this, but I am unable to take my focus off this..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi, please see a gastrointestinal specialist to check if endoscopy is necessary in your case as gastritis seems to be severe. They will also help you to get better medicine for gastritis. Don't think of heart attack . Follow regular gym or excercise to reduce negative thoughts. Regards
Follow-up: Have pain in chest. Reports normal. Fear of heart attack. Cause for pain in chest? 11 minutes later
Thank you for the suggestion Doctor. I will follow your advice and join gym or Yoga classes/... Thanks for your time and suggestion.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please write a review

Detailed Answer:
Hi, please accept my answer and write a review. Regards