Have pain in cheeks and around eyes. Could it be a sign of sinus?

Hi doctor,
I have pain in my cheeks and around eyes.What are the symptoms of sinus? What are the food should i eliminate from diet if i have sinus?
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later

Yes, pain in this region may be sinusitis. Ideal way to confirm this is to get an x-ray or scan done.

Foods to eliminate are cold food products, candy, ice- creams, cold drinks, alcohol, chocolate, dairy products, sugar and yeast. In addition, if you are allergic or do not tolerate any food item, avoid that, as that can lead to increase in congestion and mucus production.

Soups are always a welcome in sinusitis.
Steam inhalation can also be extremely good home remedy.

Please ask if there are doubts.