Have pain in buttocks and thighs. Ultrasound showed cyst. Had hysterectomy. Suggest

have pain in buttocks and hip/thigh area.....had another ultrasound and told that a 2.5 cm cyst is about 2.4 and simple cyst, however I am 59 and i dont think I should have had one for 2-3 yrs. My mother went through change of life late in her fifties....I had a hysterectomy in 1992 by my choice due to displaced cells, now I am having the pains in lower back and buttocks. The dr doesent seem concerned and the gyno dr I went to see two years ago retired and said your fine.....has me concerned
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
Simple cyst of those dimensions is usual at this age due to degenerative changes.
Pain in the lower back and buttocks are probably related to your spine.
The doctors are right. If you worry too much do a repeat ultrasound after 6 months.
For the back pain do an X XXXXXXX of the lumbosaccral area.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.