Have pain in back, no blood in urine, no fever. Pain fluctuates and moves. Is it a kidney stone?

Jul 2016

I believe I have a kidney stone. I have pain in my back, my right side and right flank. I have not seen any blood in my urine, I do not have fever. The pain fluctuates and seems to move and "grab me" . At times it makes me nauseous. I do not have a gall bladder. I am drinking juices and water and wonder if there is anything else I can do.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in Rt flank and back since couple of days.

Though you do not have any urinary symptoms or blood in the urine You have to get following basic tests done to rule out presence of urinary stone either in Rt Kidney or Rt Ureter.
1)Routine Urine test.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get above mentioned tests under his guidance.
Further treatment will be decided by him/her depending upon the results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.