Have pain in armpit, breast, neck and tingling in hand. No swelling or lumps. MRI showed cervical spondylosis

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I am a female, 42 years old. I have slight pain in my left armpit and left breast.There is no swelling or lumps anywhere. I also have constant pain in my neck, numbness and tingling in hand.I had done an MRI of my cervical bone and there is mild cervical spondylosis. I also had a nerve conduction test which gave a normal study. I am worried about the breast and armpit pain. Could it be due to any reason other than cervical spondylosis ?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

As there is no swelling, lump or tenderness in breast, mild pain in breast and armpit seems to be due to cervical issue. Other reasons could be muscle strain or anxiety.

Physiotherapy in form of exercises and muscle relaxants will be helpful to relieve the spasm. Do not worry too much; it will increase your anxiety level and hence the pain.

If your pain is related to high stress levels, try avoiding caffeine for a while. A cup of herbal tea will helpful toward lowering stress and decreasing breast pain.
Doing hot fomentation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful.

Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.
Regards.

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon

Follow-up: Have pain in armpit, breast, neck and tingling in hand. No swelling or lumps. MRI showed cervical spondylosis 47 minutes later
My doctor has advised me to take Cap. Neugaba M 75 three times a day for the first three days and one capsule daily for the next thirty days. Also he has advised me to see a Gynaecologist.(Perhaps to have a breast exam). What do you say ?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query again.

As you have symptoms of having numbness and tingling in your hand, it is good to take neurogaba as advised by your doctor.

It is also advisable to have a breast examination to rule out any pathology.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta