Have pain in abdomen, ribs, hip and foot. How to get relief from this?

Neurologist, Surgical
I have upper left abdominal pain... between my ribs and hips. The pain feels kind of like an electrical impulse strong then weak then strong ect... the pain is more sharp when I step with my left foot.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 3 hours later
Dear Friend,

After reading these complaints I feel that you should undergo ultrasonography of abdomen because this could probably be renal stone especially if you have urinary symptoms along with pain.

However if pain starts from back, your spine may be needed to be screened. Also I want to know if you have any alteration in bowel habits because then we would like to concentrate on bowel as cause of origin of pain.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Regards Dr Vineet