Have pain between breasts radiating to back between shoulders. Had knee surgery. Take lisinipril, Crestor and carveloldol.

I have been getting sharp pain right between my breasts and radiates to the back between the shoulders. It only lasted for a few minutes but it bothers me. I take lisinipril, crestor, carveloldol. I am 65 years old, had been on antibiotics for seven weeks after total knee surgery and these symptoms just showed up yesterday morning.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get yourself examined.

Detailed Answer:
Respected ma'm
1. A pain which comes on exertion, relives by rest and is behind your breast bone is likely to be anginal. However it is not sharp most of the time but a feeling of heaviness as someone has put a weight on your chest. This may be accompanied by sweating, difficulty in breathing and vomiting.
2. The pain which lasts for less than 2 minutes, is localized, can be elicited by touch or pressure, recurs on particular movement or in certain posture, not related to exertion, can be pointed out by a finger is unlikely to be anginal.
3. Other possibilities may be a pain related to upper food pipe and a pain related to nerve compression. Both of these possibilities will require an examination.
4. Since this is a new onset pain and can not be ruled to be non-cardiac (not related to heart) by history only, I would recommend you to get examined on priority.
5. A simple clinical examination along with an electrocardiogram in emergency room (ER) will rule out a cardiac event. Occasionally the ER physician would like to keep you in observation for ~12 hours.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.
Sukhvinder Singh