Have pain between breast and found lump under it close to the center, red and painful to touch. Suggest?

Hello there...I went to sleep fine last night and woke up with slight pain between my breast and found a lump under my breast close to the centre in between my breasts Its red and painful to touch
It just popped up there was nothing there before, my e mail is ... YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 48 minutes later
Give a bit more specifics please...
can you see the lump?
is it on the skin or below it?
how big is it?
do you have any fever or discharge from the lump/nipples?
Follow-up: Have pain between breast and found lump under it close to the center, red and painful to touch. Suggest? 1 hour later
yes I can see the lump...I think its under the skin Im not sure how to tell the differnce it is red
about 1 inch
no discharge from nipples also had thermography done and it was fine about 6 months ago
I do feel like I have a slight fever
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Well XXXXXXX it's possible that you have an abscess or a infected cyst . Another possibility is that you have a blocked duct causing some infection . Hence the redness and pain. I would suggest that you see your doctor as you may need some antibiotics. Since you can see your lump, it's over the skin . Now most likely there may be some pus discharge from the swelling if it bursts . Llook for a punctum or a tip at the top . Mmeanwhile apply dry hot fomentation on that area . The heat can cause some pain relief . You can take some pain killers if uiu wish but i suggest that you see your doctor also for the antibiotics .