Have pain between belly button and side, get worse when walk. Wht could it be?

Gastroenterologist
Question
YESTERDAY I STARTED GETTING A PAIN IN MY LOWER LEFT SIDE, HALF WAY BETWEEN MY BELLY BUTTON AND MY SIDE. I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A PULLED MUSCLE, IF I TURN A CERTAIN WAY OR WALK THE PAIN IS WORSE. I CAN HANDLE PAIN PRETTY WELL, STILL WORKING AND SLEPT FINE LAST NIGHT, BUT STILL HAVE THE PAIN THIS MORNING. MY ONLY CONCERN IS IF IT COULD BE SOMETHING SERVERE.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take ibuprofen, paracetamol and Tinazidine

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). I appreciate your concern regarding pain. I hope there is no problem in bowel movements,no fever and no problem while passing urine as you haven't mentioned about them. It seems to be musculoskeltal pain only. So take analgesic like combination of ibuprofen, paracetamol and a muscle relaxant like tinazidine and also apply local analgesic gel. If not relieved it is further advised to be examine personally by a doctor. I hope I have answered your query and this will help in relieving your symptoms. If there is further any query I will like to answer that too. Wish you a good health