Have pain below tail bone and lower back pain. How to get rid of pain?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have pain above my tell bone but not on the outside when I tighten my Sphincter plus some lower back pain. I have No blood in my urine or difficulty urinating.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: It might be due to Coccydynia. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Pain occuring in and around the tail bone (tip of coccyx) area is termed as Coccydynia. This condition is caused by an injury or stress that affects the tailbone, as well as the muscles and nerves surrounding it. Examples include: • Fall or trauma • Pressure and strain • Prolonged sitting on hard surfaces • Spinal cyst or tumor • Dislocation from injury or Overweight , which can cause bones to shift • Repeated stress (eg, horseback riding, bicycling, motorcycle riding) An xray and an MRI scan of the sacrum will help in identifying the cause of coccydynia. The general symptomatic measures of this condition includes the following - * Sit completely upright with proper posture — keeping your back firmly against the chair, knees level with your hips, feet flat on the floor and shoulders relaxed * Sitz baths (which involves soaking hips and buttocks in warm water) * Lean forward while sitting down * Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion * Apply heat or ice to the affected area *Physical therapy involving strengthening of pelvic area muscles , stimulation with ultrasound therapy * Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil) as needed. If your symptoms are not getting relieved with the above measures, consult an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation and management. Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further Regards