Have pain below ribs whenever sitting anywhere. Suggest?

Spine Surgeon
Sir, i hv a pain right side below ribs whenever i was sitting anywhere. It is increaing day by day. Shown the doc bt nothing has happening. Pls suggest.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most likely local muscle spasm

Detailed Answer:
Need to know more about the pain pattern. Does it radiate horizontally? any burning sensation? whats your age? any other medical illness? any undue exertion recently?
Most common reason for such pain is local muscle spasm. however other reason such as neurological pain need to be ruled out.
I would suggest to try anti inflammatory with muscle relaxant and rib belt with local gel application. This should relieve the muscle spasm. Thanks.
Follow-up: Have pain below ribs whenever sitting anywhere. Suggest? 10 minutes later
Sir, age 37. No other medical illness. Once i let down in the bed pain gone. Its happening past 6 months. Xray & MRI done. No result. Shown surgen & they suspect its posture problem. Being a marketing person me travelling a lot. Walking tyme no pain. Once i sit pain started.burning feeling. Pls Advice. Regards,
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stretching of abdominal and back muscle may help

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest to consult a physiotherapist and work on the abdominal and back muscles. That may resolve the issue. Swimming also a good option. Thanks.