Have pain behind the knee when sit or stretch. What can be done?

hi, i have some pain behind the knee of my left leg, especially when i sit on my chair and stretch leg, please advice
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

I would like to know some more details on your problems to understand the condition better and advice you specifically.

Did you injure your knee in past?
Have you tried any medication in the past?
Do you feel the pain while climbing the stairs?

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Have pain behind the knee when sit or stretch. What can be done? 3 hours later
No did not injure my leg, or took medicines; generally do not climb stairs but use lifts....this pain is typically when i sit in my office for more than 30 min and then when i try to get up, there is a kind of deep pain behind my knee for may be 5 secs and then slowly it goes off when i start walking...
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for the information.

I think the pain you have to be due to lack of exercise which is essential for the synovial fluid (joint lubricating fluid) to be spread across the joint properly.

Daily warm compresses and regular exercise would help you to get rid of this pain completely.

Also do consume foods XXXXXXX in Omega fatty acids which is one of the raw material for synovial fluid.

Hope, I answered your query.