Have pain at the back and bottom of head after swimming. How to get relief from pain?

I have pains at the back & bottom of my head. Started a week ago after my weekly swimming session. If anything, the discomfort is getting worse
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

There are many cause of pain in neck. More common causes are Physical & emotional stress, Muscle strain, prolonged posture and Cervical spondylosis.

X-ray (both view) of cervical spine will be required to rule out Cervical spondylosis.

You should consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for examination, diagnosis and treatment. Analgesic anti-inflammatory with muscle relaxant tablets and B-complex tablets and local application of Relaxyl ointment can help you to relieve symptoms.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,