Have pain at both wrists, can't apply pressure there and have back pain also. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am Santala, a software professional with two small kids. My day starts at 6.00am ends at 11 pm. I am a very active and energetic lady.
I have pain at my both wrists. I can't apply any pressure there. If Ihave to apply pressure, it should use my fingers.
I have back pain also. When I sleep one side, turning otherside, needs few seconds to prepare my self.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later

Thanks for writing to us,

I have studied your case with diligence .There are some conditions which are commonly getting aggravated after pregnancy. Probably there can be carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrist associated with dequervains tenosynovitis.Nerve at wrist get compressed due to XXXXXXX edema.

I would like to know from you that, your symptoms have increased after pregnancy? When you work more on computer your pain increases? Your back pain radiates to your legs? Any numbness in your leg?

Back pain can be due to compression of nerve because of spinal disc bulge. Nerve compression lead to radiating pain, which aggravated on long time sitting in same particular position [e.g. working on computer for long time].Muscle sprain can be associated along with it.
I will advise you to consult orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination and accordingly we can do further investigations like MRI.

Here are my some useful suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights.reduce wrist extreme movements.
Sit with a support on your back.
Take break every half hour while at office. Try to do some stretches and joint movements.
Do spine extension exercises.

You may get pain relief by Physiotherapy like ultrasound therapy.
Check your vit B12 level and vit D3 level through blood test.

I hope that I have answered your query.