Have pain and tenderness under the breast area, heartburn and joint discomfort. Suggest?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i have pain and tenderness under the left breast area some heartburn and joint discomfort
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Pain and tenderness under the left breast area over sternum could be due to costochondritis, inflammation in the chest area, anxiety or due to heartburn.

I suggest you to get yourself examined by physician. Based on what they find, he or she may advise you to have some investigations, depending on what cause for your pain they suspect.

If it is due to inflammation and costochondritis, taking antiinflammatory drug ,giving rest and avoid strenuous activities will help.

If it is due to anxiety and stress, you will need to do what you can to calm yourself.
If it is due to digestive issue then you will need to take medication to help relieve your discomfort.

Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.