Have pain and swelling on elbow with bruise on it. Could it be a blood clot?

Feb 2013

I have pain and swelling in the inside of my left elbow, above the joint. Coincidentally, there is a bruise right below my left elbow on the outside of my arm. I am nervous that this is some kind of blood clot. Could it be a blood clot, or are the two manifestations related at all? Maybe the result of a sting. But why are they on opposite sides of my arm?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 23 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

It looks like a spontaneous bleeding into the skin due to some trivial trauma which is unnoticed if there is no history of trauma.

Some times in conditions like scurvy, spontaneous bleeding will occur into the skin which leads to pain and swelling.

Mostly these two things looks like related one reason.

Sting bite may be unusual in causing them as both are at different places.

But the physical examination and review of your complete medical history is important to come to a conclusion.

So I advise you to take appointment to consult your Physician for the physical examination and any evaluation if required.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.