Have pain and discomfort in chest. Taking Pankreoflat and Rexpro for gastric trouble. Should I worry?

Hello, I am a 30 year old Male. I've been having a dull pain and discomfort in the my chest since last night. it seems to travel around my chest and also just under my ribs in the centre and left side. i am also suffering from gastric trouble (gas getting trapped) and been taking medication for sometime now. last night also i felt acidic for which i took the required medicines (pankreoflat and in the morning rexpro rd 20) . But i still feel that dull pain (increases and decreases and moves as i sit or lie down) and discomfort in my chest. No sweating or breathing trouble. I exercise regularly and have very disciplined eating habits and lifestyle. No drinking or smoking. My weight is 65Kgs and height 6 feet. Should i be worried? please suggest.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

Undifferentiated chest pains are very common condition in the medical practice with majority of them falling under the category of relatively benign cause .

Common causes of the chest pain are:

Gastritis- increased acid production in the stomach

Muscular- because of stretching of the muscles during exercise etc.

Pulmonary (lung) causes include: pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, pneumothorax, pleuritis and bleb rupture.

Psychological causes of chest pain are: common and include panic attacks, anxiety, stress.
Cardiac causes-like ischemia.

Considering your age and the no associated symptom it looks more like a muscular or the gastric cause.

Please keep an eye, if it does not improve you may need to go for the thorough cardiac checking to rule out the cardiac cause of the chest pain.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Follow-up: Have pain and discomfort in chest. Taking Pankreoflat and Rexpro for gastric trouble. Should I worry? 1 hour later
Thank you.

I believe its Gastric. I suppose gas is trapped in that area. Like the pain and discomfort is in my extreme left on the side now for last couple of hours. I got my BP and heart beat checked. Both came out normal. I am carrying out all my daily activities normally. Its just it worry's me to have a pain on that side for last few hours now.

Also Can it be muscular, since its travelling? and if only gas, then how long can gas remain trapped in that area?

And what medication should i take to get relief from this pain.

Please suggest.

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 minute later
you can try some rabeprazole capsules 30 mg for the gastric part.

Muscular pain can be treated by the local application of diclofenac gel.