Have pain after urination. Related to prostate?

Excellent
Question
I've asked my doctor regarding pain right after urination. I am thinking it could be prostate related but he said the issue with the prostate would not cause this to happen and more likely it is an infection. An issue with the prostate would cause interrupted flow of urine or difficulty holding urine.
However, I do note the pain is originating somewhere in the area which is painful when an urologist examined my prostate in the past by pressing it and wonder whether the prostate issue can cause pain right after urination.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 36 minutes later
Good Day and Thank you for being with Health Care Magic!

Do you have dull pain or fullness below the area of your scrotum? How long have you been experiencing your pain after urination.

Due to your age, infection would be the most common cause of pain after urination. You may have either infection in the urine or infection in the prostate.

You might be suffering from chronic prostatitis. This is usually felt as on and off pain during urination, dull pain in the perineal area, and swelling and tenderness in the prostate area during a digital rectal examination.

I would suggest doing a urinalysis, a urine culture and culture of the prostatic fluid after a prostatic massage. This would determine the cause of your pain during urination and will guide your doctor with regards to treatment.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Have pain after urination. Related to prostate? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX

I would describe the pain as being more sharp and not dull, similar to the sensation when the prostate is pressed. I would not describe any fullness below the scrotum. The pain was felt a few months ago, perhaps as long as half a year. However, it's only felt sometimes and seems more common after passing stool. I will see if I can have it investigated further.

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

That sounds like you have the pain for 6 months now and I would consider your disease a chronic disease which would be compatible with chronic prostatitis. I would really encourage you to have the workup done and be treated to prevent aggravation of your condition.

Sincerely yours,

Manuel C. See IV, MD DPBU