Have pacemaker. Developed permanent AF. Atrial wire was disabled to conserve battery life. Should consider Revitive unit?

My electrically operated hospital-type bed has a massage unit but the instructions warn against using the massage unit if you have a pacemaker. As I do have a pacemaker I have disconnected the massage unit to avoid it being switched on in error..
My pacemaker was originally a two wire device but after I developed permanent AF.some three or four years ago the atrial wire was conserve battery life.
Question: In view of the above, should I be considering a Revitive unit?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 49 minutes later
Respected Sir
1. The devices which use electricity or magnetic field may effect functioning of pacemakers adversely. Pacemaker's brochure details those devices which should not be used with a particular pacemaker.
2. A RIVITIVE unit or "Revitive circulation booster" works by transcutaneous (through the skin surface) electrical stimulation of nerves and muscles. This helps by contraction and relaxation of muscles, as naturally occurs. As per the manufacturer's brochure it should not be used by people having a pacemaker. Since this uses electrical stimulation for muscles and nerves, it may interfere with functioning of pacemaker. Hence it should not be used by individuals with a pacemaker.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Have pacemaker. Developed permanent AF. Atrial wire was disabled to conserve battery life. Should consider Revitive unit? 19 hours later
Thank you for your reply. It disappoints me very much as it seemed that a Riviter unit would solve more than one of my problems. But that is not your fault !! Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
You are welcome sir.