Have overactive thyroid, bulging eyes, trying to conceive, still born child. Related to thyroid?

I have overactive thyroid which has gone untreated for a year now, my doctor noticed that my eyes were bulging. been trying to concieve over a year now could this be the problem? Febuary last year my Son who was 10 days overdue was still born, would that have anything to do with my thyroid?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Yes, the above mentioned both the problems could be due to thyroid hormone imbalance.

Thyroid hormone has a vital role in pregnancy and growth of the foetus.

I suggest you to get your Thyroid hormone levels checked and consult a Endocrinologist who can formulate dose and duration of the treatment.

I would recommend you to do it as early as possible , if you are planning for pregnancy in next year.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.