Have ovarian cyst with small oblong periphral hyperechoic clot. Surgery needed?

Mar 2016

Hello doctor
im 32 yrs of age and a cyst of siz 32x35x30 mm arising from right ovary with small oblong periphral hyperechoic focus -likely could be resolving clot within
and left ovary a large cyst of size 7.8x5.5x5.9 cm seen arising from the left ovary with few XXXXXXX echoes no obivious calcifications septations or solid components seen within the cyst
mildly thickenedendometrium
bilateral ovarian cysts left larger than right
for clinical and lab corrlation
serium CA-125 levels estimation is recommended
sir /madam
is surgery is compulsory or medication can be preferred because im not gone for any surgery until now
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 39 minutes later

With your ultrasound report, it seems that left ovarian cyst is quite larger than the right one. You also need to estimate serum CA-125 (for cancerous change of the cyst) before taking any kind of intervention.

In this circumstances, best treatment option is surgical removal of both side cysts. It can be done by laparotomy or laparoscopy under general anesthesia. After that, histopathological examination (under microscope) of the ovarian cyst is mandatory to rule out any type of cancerous changes.

Here, you can resolve your fertility along with regular period. Other presenting symptoms can also be improved following surgery.

Therefore, you should consult with gynecologist for next line of management after clinical examination & some relevant investigations.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.