Have ovarian cyst and getting severe pain. Not cured by tylenol. How to get relief?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have an ovarian cyst and the pain has gotten worse. Hospital prescribed Tylenol 2's which are no longer effective on the pain. The pain has now spread across to the right side as well. What should I do?
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Dear XXXXXXX if you experience the same pain as you already had then diagnosis is clear. It sounds like pelvic inflammation of any kind( salpingitis, endometriosis, torsioned or ruptured cyst etc). If pain started during menstruation then endometriosis can be considered,and if it started during ovulation days then cyst complications are more common. I wouldnt recommend Tylenol after ovarian cyst finding because it can mimic serious complications such as rupture or torsion.
YOu should do gynaecological examination again,at least ultrasound to see any sign of pelvic inflammation. Ovarian cysts should be removed when cause repeated problem. It can be done laparoscopicaly which can be diagnostic method as well.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"