Have ovarian cyst, abdominal pain, pregnant. Will my child be affected by this?

I am a 32 years old female. I am 12 weeks + 5 days pregnant ( My LMP was on 28th May). I have been diagnosed with a right sided ovarian cyst measuring 35X36mm in size. Occasionally, I do have right sided abdominal pain. I would like to know if my child would be affected by this and if there is any other risk associated with this.

My first child is 4 years old. Two years ago I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. This is the 3rd time I have conceived. I have no co-existing medical conditions. All the prenatal tests have been done and are within normal limits.

Currently, I am taking Calshine XXXXXXX polyamine capsules and Queezy. I have also been advised to use Candid pessaries.

Thank you for your time.

Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Ovarian cysts are very common and majority of them are benign. A cyst is large when its >5 cms.The cyst seen in picture appears like a clear cyst and should not cause any problem in pregnancy.
Possibility of malignancy is remote.
Other complications like torsion, infection, hemorrhage, and rupture are more common in larger cyst altogether it is not seen in more than 5% of the cases.
Please do serial monitoring of cyst and ask the sonologist about the character of the cyst in terms of clear/echogenic, sepatae or not, any solid content etc. Ascites and nodes are already seen absent.
In level 1 scan done at 11+ wks, there should be nuchal transluscency measurement which I dint find.
You need to take calcium and iron(if no thalassemia) in pregnancy.
Candid pessaries are considered safe for use. However, I would recommend that you do not use the .
Let me know if you have any more concerns.