Have ovarian cyst. Transvaginal ultrasound done. What are the findings in the report?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
I have a 61x54x48mm right ovarian cyst. The results of my transvaginal u/s are as follows: complex right ovarian cystic mass with a nodular appearance to the anterior and right lateral wall. the nodular tissue is hypervascular. overall findings suspicious for a complex cystic malignancy of the right ovary. i am scheduled to see on GYN oncologist dr XXXXXXX Morris on feb 7 . does this sound bad. i've been a RN for 23 years and my fear is at a level 100. How big is this? and the outlook? thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 5 hours later

I understand the worry you are having, especially with a family history of breast and ovarian cancers. I have gone through your medical history. Your trans-vaginal u/s showing a complex adnexal mass with solid component. It does not sound good. I would advice you to undergo investigation and treatment for the same. Best would be the excision of complex ovarian cyst with frozen section examination by the pathologist. This will tell the nature of the cyst. Accordingly further treatment may be planned. The outlook of the cyst can be told only after the nature of the cyst is identified.

Please do not get into a stage of fear. Let us get it done in a scientific way and then see.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Good luck to you.