Have ovarian cyst. Having bleeding in between periods. Prescribed Gyneac CVP. Will this medicine help?

hi doctor,
i have ovarian cyst, and i get my periods on time [ three days before the date every month ]. but since last 3 months in between even after the periods are over , i go on getting bleeding or brown color spotting any time. ,my doc has prescribed me capusule Gyneac CVP.
will this help me to get rid of this in-between bleeding / spotting.
or the tablet Glycomet 500 SR is good ?
please help me.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

Capsule Gynea CVP is a vitamin supplement which is used effectively to treat conditions that result in an irregular bleed during cycles or even after pregnancy. This medication is very effective and has no documented side effects.

Although glycomet is also an effective medication, I would like to state that it is more effective in the correction of amenorrhea (i.e. inducing a period and correction of an irregular/delayed period).

In my opinion capsule gynae CVP is a better choice. Depending on the extent of bleed, a prescription of 2 capsules a day, up to 6 capsules a day are given to patients experiencing an irregular bleed.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Have ovarian cyst. Having bleeding in between periods. Prescribed Gyneac CVP. Will this medicine help? 20 hours later
hello doctor,
thank you very much for your reply.

so shud i start with gyneac CVP.
ya you are right my doc has suggested me to take it twice a day.
and also wanted to know if it leads in abnormal increase in appetite or weight gain. please just tell me this. thanking you
Hello once again XXXXXX.

Yes, please go ahead and initiate capsule gynae CVP twice a day.

There are absolutely no documented side effects from using this capsule. These are purely vitamin supplements, and there can be no weight gain with such supplements. Do not worry.

I wish you lots of luck and a beautiful life ahead.