Have ovarian cancer. Eating fresh food, prune juice at night. Filling dizzy. Should I be concerned?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am eating fresh food but have prune juice at night is this making me dizzy and wanting to vomit in the morning I'm 66 I had ovarian cancer last year. I had 6 bouts of chemo
I eat fresh fruit and veg everyday but take multi vitamin flaxseed meal and flaxseed oil
last night I took half cup prune juice and teaspoon of cod liver oil
I play tennis 4 times a week. I take a cholestrol tablet I eat small amount of meat during a week but yesterday fish. This dizziness has just started to occur in the past week
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Prune juice is quite acidic in nature. The symptoms you are having are related to gastro-esophageal reflux and gastritis which is caused by excessive acid secretion and irritation of the lining of the stomach.

This causes a variety of symptoms including pain in the abdomen, nausea, dizziness and vomiting.
I recommend you go to the pharmacy to obtain omeprazole 20 mg tablets.
You should take one tab with breakfast and one with dinner for 7 days. After 7 days you should take one with breakfast only for 21 more days. This should promote healing and resolution of your symptoms.
Avoid oily and spicy food.Also reduce tea, coffee, alcohol , smoking.Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday. Eat dinner 2 hrs before sleeping .

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.