Have osteoporosis and multiple sclerosis. Taking calcium and evening primrose. Any suggestion?

Nov 2013

I haves ostoporosis & mutable sclerosis I take calcium 1000mg daily atdronicacid 200mg. I am walking on a zimmer frame.I am excersis every. Morning starting to go to the gym once a week for limber my body I am trying to get back in walking properly I. Eat healthy I take flu buster twice a day XXXXXXX XXXXXXX told me I am keeping quite healthy now I am taking evening primrose 3000mg daily & 5000mg garlic with multibionta 50 plus 1 a day.Is there anything else I can do.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Multiple Sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I am glad that you are taking very good care of your health.

Osteoporosis leads to weakness of bones, and subsequently leads to weakness of muscles.

Treatment involves taking the medicines you are taking. In addition, vitamin D supplementation would also be useful.

Please continue the muscle strengthening exercises, walking, etc to increase the muscle strength and endurance.

I think you meant multiple sclerosis (it was typed as mutable sclerosis). Please get back with the status of this.

Hope it helps.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Have osteoporosis and multiple sclerosis. Taking calcium and evening primrose. Any suggestion? 1 hour later
multiple sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Regarding disability.

Stress is a known trigger for relapses of MS, so, you should minimise the stress as much as possible.

In addition, exposure to heat/hot climate should also be minimised, as heat can aggravate the symptoms of MS.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)