Have osteoarthritis. Prescribed rocephin iv for pneumonia. Started chest pain. Any advice?

Hello, my mother was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. She is being treated for osteoarthritis for last 8 months or so. But here situation got worse and she was hospitalized. There it was diagnosed that she is also suffering from Pneumonia. Now she has been prescribed a 7 day course of rocephin iv, MOFEST (Moxifloxacin HCl), some other medications for stomach and few pain killers. Doctor has said he cannot start osteoarthritis treatment before Pneumonia is controlled.

Its second day of her treatment (rocephin iv) and she has complained chest pain for last two days (pain in ribs), until now she has no cough , so no broken rib (she was sent home from hospital 3 days ago and she is taking medication at home).

My question, is chest pain because of Pneumonia or side reaction rocephin iv? Should we take her to hospital again, any advice?

Thanks very much! XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There can be various causes for the pain chest in your mother.
Injection ROCEPHIN and pneumonia,both can cause pain in chest.
Along with these there could be other reasons for chest pain including a cardiovascular or muscular problem.
It would be best on your part to take her to the hospital again so that exact cause can be identified and treated.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck