Have open sore on vagina. What could this be?

Pediatrician, Critical Care
herpes 2hi my name is XXXXXX I just sent a question and I want to sent one more hi doctor I want to ask you if a woman have a open sore on her vigina what it could be
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Tejas Shah 1 hour later

Many thanks for coming to XXXXXXX for your query.

I will be glad to answer your query.

Sore area in vagina can be from many causes. They may have pain, discharge or sometimes fever and skin rashes. Some of the patients experience difficulty in sexual intercourse.

Causes of sore area could range from skin conditions like dermatitis (inflammation of skin), viruses like Herpes, Warts or vaginal infection from bacteria. Occasionally, there could be abscess in lining of vagina, which may leave a sore raw area when it bursts.

Best way to diagnose and treat would be - See a Genito-Urinary Physician and send a swab from the sore area for laboratory testing.

I hope I have able to resolve your query. Please do revert back if you have any further queries.

Dr Tejas Shah
Follow-up: Have open sore on vagina. What could this be? 22 hours later
thank you doctor
Answered by Dr. Tejas Shah 1 hour later
It has been my pleasure to answer your query.

I will be grateful if you can leave me feedback which other patients can review if they decide to take my help.

Thanks a lot
All the best

Dr Tejas Shah