Have open blisters along butt crack which is not healing. History of bleeding from rectum. Related?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello I appear to have two small open blisters along my butt crack, It does not appear to be healing, Ive had it alittle over a week. I have had a history of bleeding from the rectum, Im not sure if this related though, bc Ive never had it checked out. I have an appt on friday regarding this. The area around it does not appear red. What could I have? Ive checked my vaginal area and everything else looks normal= Ive also have not had unprotected sex in over a year
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Difficult to comment.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would tell you that without examining it would be difficult to say anything . But still It appears that it could be an abscess or a fistula as these are two most common lesions occuring in this area .

It is very likely that it will not be because of any STD or the previous chlamydia infection you had. I think you need to see your treating doctor because physical examination is required for determining the diagnosis and if it is a fistula the tract needs to be seen .

Treatment will be decided according to the diagnosis .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Have open blisters along butt crack which is not healing. History of bleeding from rectum. Related? 34 hours later
Thank you , The sores have now healed , I'm now experiencing a little bit of diarrhea and cramping... is this related do you think?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

In my opinion they are not related . Its good that the sores have now healed .

Dr. Shruti