Have one testicle and low testosterone. Will it be safe to go for testeterone replacement therapy?

Hi Doctor,
I have only one testicle and my testererone levels (370) are low..I have ED and some liver issues aswell. I read somewhere that low testestone will lead to liver problems..Should I go for Testeterone replacement therapy? Will it be safe? How long should I take testerone? Do we have some good doctors in Hyderabad who can help me with the procedure?
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
370 is not very low but it is still possible you may have a deficiency. A formal assessment of this is required. Testosterone levels are recommended to be checked in the morning between 7 am to 10 am. There are other tests along with it such as FSH, LH and prolactin amongst others that are usually done too. An endocrinologist in hyderabad is the best person you need to see to evaluate this systematically. I know there are a few in hyderabad. Look for MD DM qualifications after their name. Once it is clear that you likely have a true testosterone deficiency then the specialist endocrinologist will consider treatment. The following weblink summarizes the pros and cons of treatment with testosterone, and the second one is on Erectile dysfunction