Have on and off soreness in shoulder and neck, weird sensation behind eye. Any treatment?

Aug 2012

My shoulder and neck are sore off and on.
Weird sensation behind eye.
Tingly feeling in head.
Right side
Symptoms come and go
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 28 minutes later
Hi there.

People with hypothyroidism do have these kinds of weird symptoms when the thyroid profile is not within normal range. Hence first make sure that your TSH is fine.
If it is fine, then list other symptoms you have with neck and shoulder pain, tingling of head and eye discomfort. Do you get the symptoms more after getting up in the morning? Do you have numbness and/ or tingling in upper limb of the side of the painful shoulder? Do pilows not used properly during sleep, disturbed sleep, unusual physical and mental stress aggravate these symptoms? you will have to rule out cervical spondylosis by a simple Xray of neck examined by a neurologist and/or orthopedics doctor.
Other possibility is pain in muscle and tingling in skin of an organ can be due to mildly low calcium in the body. This happens very commonly in people when they have less Vit D in their body. So simple over the counter Vit D supplements and calcium XXXXXXX food should help you get rid of the symptoms. But this would take a few weeks to show difference. checking for Vit 12 will also help get a clue.
I hope you do not have any accompanying perimenopausal symptoms. If so, please let me know.
Shortly, knowing your latest TSH,Vit B12 levels, calcium profile which includes Calcium, phosphorus, albumin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Vit D level will help us if we would need to proceed for neck X XXXXXXX to further find the cause.
Also being 51 years, I would recommend to get hemoglobin, sugars and lipid profile done for sure. Shall wait to know from you about the results of these tests, then we shall take it further. I hope this guides you to take steps to know about your symptoms.
All the very best. Take care.