Have olivish skin. Noticed discoloration below nipple. Any ideas?

I have olivish skin that tans easy. I travel to XXXXXXX destinations a fair amount. Lately I have noticed two nearly perfect circles about 4cm across. they are each located about 10cm below the nipple and slightly closer to the center line of my chest.

Any ideas?
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 29 hours later
Dear Friend,
Thanks for your query and sorry for the delay in replying. Just a busy schedule.
The discolouration can be Tinea versicolor (TV) or a light eruption due to excessive sun exposure. Light eruptions are usually itchy hence possibility of TV is more. Multiple discoloured patches can occur in front and back of chest especially in persons working in excessive heat. A short course of oral and topical anti fungal is required to cure.
Get this prescribed from the local GP/Dermatologist. I am happy to take further queries.
Dr Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Have olivish skin. Noticed discoloration below nipple. Any ideas? 4 hours later
It is not itchy. But if I look online for photos of TV there is non that look like mine. Also the perfect circle I find interesting.

Have you seen this type of coloring and shape before?

Also how do you get TV?
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

TV is a fungal infection which occurs due to sweat and heat. It can present in any shape and various colours ranging from black to white.

Other rare possibilities which can similar lesions are Lichen simplex atrophicans, post inflammatory hypopigmentation, etc. But TV seems to be the closest possibility.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Dr Rohit Batra