Have oily skin with acne. Concerned about the fertility chances?

Jun 2015

Hi there I sometimes just worry about little things and I have been worried about fertility. Im 24 years old and like most males I have been kicked in the testicles. I have not had intercourse yet. My skin gets very oily and I do get acne. im just worried that because I have been kicked there. does it cause fertility. I have a healthy libido and no erection problems. are my testicles ok???
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Testes are the organ where the sperm production takes place.
And the fertility in a male is determined by the sperm count, where low sperm count indicates infertility.

As you have mentioned that you are not having any problem with libido & erection, the hormonal & circulatory causes associated with infertility & impotency is ruled out.
Minor trauma to the testes is not associated with any impairment in sperm production.
But symptoms like testicular pain, swelling, inflammation, blood in urine, etc, are reasons of concern.

Investigations like Ultrasound scan of the scrotum can detect any abnormality in the testes & semen analysis will be helpful in determining the quantity & quality of the sperms and help in assessing the fertility.

Regarding the complaints of oily skin & acne, you need to apply topical Retinoids, Benzoyl peroxide & take antibiotics like Azithromycin under the guidance of a Dermatologist.

There is no need to worry.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Have oily skin with acne. Concerned about the fertility chances? 22 minutes later
Hi Dr.
Thanks for your reply
I worry too much sometimes. I just have one more question. since i get oily skin and have acne does that mean that my testicles are producing lots of testosterone and are functioning well?. my nose area gets lots of oil.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 24 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, it can be considered that you may get oily skin and acne when the testicles are functioning normal. The above signs occur under the influence of testosterone hormone.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.