Have oily skin, eat oily food. Advise on solving the problem?

I have oily skin, and i cannot avoid eating oily food (specially in the evening hours).

Any recommmendations from you, to overcome from this issue.

Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Oily skin is a trait or a skin type. It does not always depend on the diet. But surely, cutting down on oil XXXXXXX food does help.

My suggestion would be to use a 2%salicylic acid face wash 2-3 times daily.

This helps reduce the oil and with time it has a beneficiary effect on the sebaceous (oil) glands too.

If this doesnt solve your problem you may go for salipeels (available only with a dermatologist) and adapelene 0.1% gel at night. This makes your skin dry and fights the excessive oiliness.

In diet, take plenty or fluids and citrus fruits (like oranges, mausambi). This helps fight oiliness and also gives a glow to the skin.

Avoid using creams and too much sunscreens. This will help too.

I hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask me.