Have oily skin. Which cream should I use as daily skin care? Precaution to be taken?

Dermatologist
Question
There are no. of skin products avilable in market now. i am little confused that which product suits my skin ( oil skin) for daily skin care.
And also, Please let me know what are the precautions should we take to make my skin healthy and glow expecially in this summer.

Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 1 hour later

I understand your concern about skin care.

I would like to give some tips to make your skin healthy and glowing.

1)     You should wash your face 3-4 times a day. You have oily skin so you need to use face wash like CETAPHIL CLEANSING LOTION FOR OILY SKIN or AHA GLOW. Both are good for oily skin.
2)     Sun protection is must in summer as UV rays damage the skin. You should apply sunscreen with gel base. You can use SUNCROSS AQUA GEL. Please apply it before 20 minutes of sun exposure and re apply after every 4 hours.
3)     Hydration of skin is necessary for healthy skin in summer. You should drink 12-15 glasses of water per day. You can take fruit juices.
4)     Wearing full cloths and cap will provide additional protection to skin.
5)     As you have oily skin you should use oil free moisturizer after bath like VENUSIA LOTION.
6)     In diet, take green vegetables and fruits. Vitamin C containing food like orange, lemon is good for skin.

I hope I answered your question.
Let me know, if you have further query.

Follow-up: Have oily skin. Which cream should I use as daily skin care? Precaution to be taken? 2 days later
Hi sir,

Good morning!!

Thanks for your suggetions!!

i have one more query that when should i apply moisturizer? as you suggested sun protection gel also which is supposed to use morning and reaplay it every four hours as suggested.

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 5 hours later
Hi

Thank you for writing back.

You should apply moisturizer immediately after bath or face wash. Moisturizer are known to produce better results when applied within 10 minutes after bath. You can apply sun screen gel after 10-15 minutes over it. There is no need to wash moisturizer.

Let me know if you have further question.

Follow-up: Have oily skin. Which cream should I use as daily skin care? Precaution to be taken? 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your replay.
Please suggest me name of the moisturizer which suits my skin.

And also i have blackheads on my nose. How to remove them?

Thanks and Regards
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 21 hours later
Hello

Thank you for writing back.

Venusia lotion is good moisturizer and suits your skin well.

For black heads removal you need to consult dermatologist. Special instrument called comedone extraction is used to remove it.

I hope I answered your question.