Have oily face, getting red and itchy pimples. What cure should be done?

I have a oily face and get pimples often. Though the pimple remains only for three to four days, the skin around the pimple becomes red and bit itchy and burning at times. Kindly suggest what to be done for this?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 minutes later

You seem to be having a mild acne problem.

To treat the same you might try these-

1) use a mild salicylic acid based or Glycolic acid based face wash
2) use an alcohol free toner( avoid in winters)
3) use water based moisturiser to keep skin hydrated.
4) scrub and steam your face once a week, get your comedones( blackheads and whiteheads) removed regularly.
5) apply adapalene clindamycin combination gel over your active pimples and pimple prone/ comedones prone areas.
6) if the pimples are too inflammed or itchy, you may apply calamine lotion over them for a while.
7) do not go for regular facials or massages as these aggravate pimples
8) do not put thick creams or cosmetics over your face.
9) it is common to have acne during menses, adapalene clindamycin application would help.

You may also consult a dermatologist for salicylic acid peels. These particular peels reduce acne, oiliness and whiten skin to some extent.

Hope I have answered your query. Should there be more queries, I would be happy to assist you further. Take care.