Have occular myasthenia gravis and pemphigus vulgarious. What are my chances of having problems with thymus gland?

I have been dx.with occular myasthenia gravis and I have pemphigus vulgarious. What are my chances of having problems with thymus gland. I am scheduled fo chest CT next week......?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are chances of thymus gland being involved

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
You have both the diagnosis
1) Myasthenia Gravis and
2) Pemphigus Vulgaris
Both of them have autoimmune etiology and lymphocytes are involved. Thymus is an important organ in which lymphocytes are produced.
The fact you are having both the illnesses suggest that your CT chest can show a problem with the thymus gland and there is a good chance of something showing up. If it is a correctable cause benign mass then the same can be excised and then it will lead to a dramatic improvement.
You should certainly go in for a CT chest.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.