Ask a Dentist   »  

Have observed that base of tooth is not gripped by skin tightly. Suggest measures?

Hi, In the past few months i have observed that the base of the some tooth is not gripped by skin tightly or there is some gap b/w the tooth base and skin gripping it. My teeths are otherwise healthy and there is no other problem. Can you please suggest ?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to tell you that you have some deposition in teeth due improper oral hygiene. Bacterial deposition leads to formation of sticky substance on the teeth surfaces called dental plaque and hard deposits called calculus.

Deposition of plaque and calculus in the gum pockets and root surfaces of the teeth leads to gingival inflammation, recession of gums, exposure of the roots and pain and sensitivity. If not treated in time, the degenerative process leads to tooth mobility and finally exfoliation of teeth.

It’s nothing to worry much about. You need to go for scaling for removal of calculus. It’s better to get it done as early as possible. Also, take gum paint for gum massage.
Do maintain proper oral hygiene by regular brushing & flossing.
Consult your dentist for further treatment.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr.Neha Sumra