Have numbness in head, extending neck and shoulder. Having spasm with shaking tremors. CT scan normal. Suggestions?

Feb 2013

I have occasional numbness beginning at the left top side of my head that extends down my neck, shoulder, left side to my waist, it is usually accompanied by my left arm going into a spasm with shaking tremors. I have recently been to a cardiologist, a ear nose and throat Dr., had a CT scan...everything checks out can direct me to any type of diagnosis..
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Numbness of one side body involving left side of head, neck, shoulder, waist, and accompanied by left arm going into a spasm with shaking tremors is mostly due to a neurological problem.

This type of neurological problems are seen in strokes, parkinsonism, neurologist will help to come to a conclusion and diagnosis for your symptoms.

Disorders like chronic, uncontrolled diabetes, alcoholism, and electrolyte imbalances also lead to this type of presentation.

Hence I advise you to consult the neurologist for examination and further management.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.