Have numbness in hands, fatigue, tired eyes, hard breathing. Having sleep apnoea and schizophrenia. Related?

I have numbness in hands, fatigue, tired eyes, hard breathing, tired, hungry, very thirsty, sweets make me feel better. I have a bit of protein in my urine. I have sleep apnea abd use a CPAP machine. I have been diagnosed as prediabetic last year. I have schizophrenia (schizo-affective disorder) controlled by risperdal, high blood pressure controlled by ramipril (previously by hydrochlorothiazide), acid reflux controlled by tecta, ulceritive colitis controlled by salofalk. An endoscopy last month showed that it grew from the bottom of my colon to halfway up my chest. What does this mean?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Numbness in hands, fatigue tired eyes, hungry, thirst suggest that you have developed XXXXXXX diabetes. Polyuria and polyphgia suggest that you have developed osmotic symptoms due to diabetes. So get your blood sugar levels and then antidiabetic accordingly.

What are you bowel symptoms, that is what is stool frequency, consistency and how many of stool contain blood each day. Any abdominal pain or fever?

If acid reflux symptoms are well controlled or not? If well controlled then continue with tecta and along with it take a prokinetic agent like domperidone
Also for reflux for better relief do:
1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Don't lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. wear loose clothes
5. If you are overweight or obese do weight reduction with dieting and exercise

Please upload the report of colonoscopy and report of biopsy if any taken. What is apparent from your description suggest that you have lesion from rectum to mid transverse colon or it is only left sided that is rectum, sigmoid colon and descending colon is involved.

For better advise please upload the reports and all the symptoms as I asked above also

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon