Have numbness from head to feet. Cure?

Jun 2013
have numbness from head to feet since december 2012, had CT scan no sign of stroke. then january, feburary and march, still got the numbness, did not felt well. march was vormiting, heavy headace, dizziness. a week before appointment with neuro doctor. then on the day seeing neuro doctor, bloodpressure shot up to 216.from normal 147. had heart test and blood test, results from these, heart o.k. my cholesterol level up 9.9 from my normal readind at 4.1 - 4.9. then month later a US Doppler Carotid Arteries test ( await for report ) And finally the MRI Head scan, sixteen days later. they could not do the test due to my false eye which had metal, so no test could be done. Since March had no further sickness or promblems apart from numbness all down my left side to this day. any medical treatment or cure for this promblems.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 10 hours later
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns and I am glad you give a brief history of loss of right eye and hearing loss once 2 years old. Recently you have numbness from head to feet since december 2012 and the CT scan has not showed signs of stroke. If the numbness worsened and you have had new symptoms then you should also have had a neurologist look into an MRI. I think that you may have multiple sclerosis. I also think that your blood pressure should be under control, and hope you are taking medications for the same. The US doppler would be very helpful to know how your carotids are and if you have been having atherosclerosis. I hope you get started on medications to prevent strokes i.e. aspirin, clopidogrel, and antihypertensives. Also a lipid panel to check if your lipids are high and have you strated on statins/fibrates if they are might also be necessary. However please wait for your neurological consult after your doppler report. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!