Have numbness and tingling in feet and toes with having blurry vision. Is it due to Vitamin D deficiency?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have just had blood tests and my vitiam d levels are 19 could this be the cause of my numbness and tingling in feet and toes and also having blurry vision
also sugar levels drop between 3 & 4 on regular bases and im not diebetic
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

Low vit D causes weakness in both lower limb and diffuse pain in limb.
You are having low vit D you need to take Vit D supplementation
Symptoms you are telling suggest low vit B12; you should check B12 and take supplement accordingly

Blurring of vision most commonly due to hypertension, cataract, diabetes. You need clinical checkup for that.

At present, the diagnosis of diabetes is based on the following blood glucose levels: a non-fasting blood sugar reading of 11.1 mmol/l or more, or a fasting blood glucose level of 7.0 mmol/l or more.

During the day, blood glucose levels tend to be at their lowest just before meals. For most people without diabetes, blood sugar levels before meals hover around 3.9 mmol/l to 4.4 mmol/l. In some, 3 is normal; in others, 5. Again, anything less than 5.5 mmol/I while fasting is considered normal by today's standards.

What's a low sugar level? It varies widely, too. Many people's sugar levels won't ever fall below 3 mmol/l even with prolonged fasting. When you diet or fast, the liver keeps sugar levels normal by turning fat and muscle into sugar. A few people's sugar levels may fall somewhat lower. Without taking diabetes medicine, though, or having uncommon medical problems, it's difficult to drop sugar levels to an unsafe point.

Continue taking frequent diet to avoid drop in blood sugar level.

Follow-up: Have numbness and tingling in feet and toes with having blurry vision. Is it due to Vitamin D deficiency? 5 hours later
when my levels drop under 4 I also get shaky and my heart seems to race I only discovered all this because when it happens I check my sugar levels and I have seen eye surgen two weeks ago and he said I don't have cataracts and that right eye has 2 lines less vision then other eye but most people have this and for some reason my brain has just noticed I really don't feel myself and am concerned as in February this year vit d was 30 and now its 19 im also muddling up words when I talk and its worrying me that something else is going on I am waiting to see a nerve specialist about my feet as it seems to be travelling near my ankles im scared that I may have ms
Hello again

You should maintain you blood sugar by frequent meals.

You should undergo complete blood check up and IF required MRI brain and CSF fluid examination .
So that your doubt will be cleared.

Take B12 and Vit D3 supplementation