Ask a Dentist   »  

Have numbness and low grade pain in chin and teeth. After pressing gums start bleeding. Suggest?

Hi, i have numbness and low grade pain sometimes in my chin which can also be felt in two lower front teeth. Those two front teeth look normal, although if i press my gums they start bleeding easily which im relating to gerd and acidic taste in my mouth. Could there still be some dental condition that is causing this strange feeling in chin and teeth?
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is related to dental condition.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

According to your clinical symptoms I suppose that the condition can be related to infection in the tooth or surrounding periodontium..

There could be a chance of infection present in the tooth that had spread to the surrounding periapical tissue leading to pain which is radiating in the chin area..
To confirm this a thorough clinical examination and evaluation by a Dentist is required, a radiographic examination of the lower front teeth region will be helpful to confirm the diagnosis.
A course of antibiotics and analgesics is required to be taken under the prescription of your Dentist. If the tooth are infected can be treated with root canal procedure.

Other than this, it could be a result of localised periodontitis in the region..
I would suggest you to undergo complete mouth scaling, polishing and curettage..
Take lukewarm saline rinses to give a soothing effect..
Take antiseptic mouthwash rinses to prevent infection..
Clean your mouth with a soft bristle toothbrush in small circular motion..
Take complete balanced diet with plenty of raw vegetables, citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, juices..
Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated..

Hope you find this as informative and helpful, if you have any other questions related to this i will be glad to answer...

Take care,
Dr Qazi Ammara.