Have numbness and feel swollen ankles. Suffer fro anxiety. Suggest?

Rheumatologist
Question
i HAVE NUMBNESS AND A FEELING LIKE i HAVE SWOLLEN ANKLES BUT HAVN'T ALSO SUFFER FROM ANXIETY ALEYASO FEELING LIKE i HAVE STRETCHED MY ABDOMINAL MUSLES SO THAT THA THEY ARE
FLATT
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Might be having peripheral neuropathy.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would say that you might be suffering from peripheral neuropathy that generally starts with lower limbs which can give you a feeling of numbness .

It can be due to multiple reasons but I would advise you get your Vit. B12 , RBS level tested . A NCV may be required .

There s a possibilty that your all symptoms may be due to anxiety only but for that evaluation a physical examination for assessing the sensory status is required . I advise you to see a physician and get yourself evaluated specially for diabetes.

Hope this suffices.

Dr. Shruti